- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 shallot
- 1/2 cup fresh tarragon1 teaspoon garlic puree
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons salad oil
- Chop shallot and tarragon.
- Mix all ingredients except the oil in a blender and blend until smooth for approximately one minute.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and whisk in the oil. Do not emulsify.
- Pour into a salad dressing cruet and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- See DaVita.com recipe Roasted Garlic to make pureed garlic or buy prepared garlic puree in the store.
- Use olive oil or canola oil if desired.
Submitted by: Recipe created by executive sous chef, Kathleen Crook, from Cadillac Ranch in Irving, Texas, and submitted by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 68 mg
Potassium 48 mg
Phosphorus 6 mg
Calcium 12 mg
Fiber 0.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register