- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 cups cooked bow-tie pasta
- 1/4 cup celery
- 2 tablespoons yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons green onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-sodium Italian salad dressing
- 5 ounces canned low-sodium tuna in water
- Chop celery, bell pepper and green onion.
- Combine cooked pasta, celery, bell pepper, onion and lemon zest in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and salad dressing.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture.
- Add tuna to pasta mixture.
- Mix gently until all ingredients are moist and well blended.
- Refrigerate one hour to let flavors blend.
- Macaroni can be substituted for bow-tie pasta.
- Make low-sodium dressing using the Italian Dressing recipe on DaVita.com or shop for Italian dressing with lowest sodium content. Powdered dressing mix is a good choice because the sodium can be adjusted by using less of the mix.
- If low-sodium tuna is unavailable, reduce sodium in regular tuna by rinsing for one minute.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 13 g
Carbohydrates 21 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 136 mg
Potassium 150 mg
Phosphorus 104 mg
Calcium 17 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1 starch
- 2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Heather from Georgia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register