Tuna Veggie Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 ounces canned tuna packed in water
- 2-1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Dice bell peppers and thinly slice zucchini; Chop green onions and basil; mince garlic.
- Pour 3/4 cup of water into a medium saucepan.
- Place diced bell peppers and sliced zucchini into a steamer basket and place over the saucepan. Heat water to a boil and steam vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from heat, drain off any excess water and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add tuna, green onions and basil. Toss to combine ingredients.
- To make dressing, combine vinegar, oil, garlic and black pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well.
- Pour dressing over tuna and vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Recipe analysis includes low-sodium, canned tuna. If regular canned tuna is used, sodium is 160 mg per serving. Rinse tuna to further reduce sodium.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Noelle from Oregon.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 10 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 11 mg
Sodium 23 mg
Potassium 248 mg
Phosphorus 80 mg
Calcium 21 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register