- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cooked turkey
- 25 red seedless grapes
- 25 green seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- bibb lettuce for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Cut grapes in half; coursely chop walnuts and dice chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, grapes and walnuts.
- Fold sour cream and mayonnaise into ingredients in large bowl.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Serve cold on a lettuce leaf with low-sodium crackers or a crisp breadstick.
- Use turkey or chicken leftover from a holiday meal.
- Make a meatless salad by replacing chicken or turkey with either diced extra firm tofu and coarsely diced mushrooms or diced cooked egg white and coarsely diced mushrooms.
- In the egg white variation, use the whites of hardboiled eggs or cooked pasteurized liquid egg whites.
- Nuts are high in phosphorus and potassium. By limiting portion to 1/2 cup the walnuts add 32 mg phosphorus and 50 mg potassium per serving. Omit if desired.
- Use low-fat sour cream and mayonnaise to cut fat grams in half.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 16 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 42 mg
Sodium 93 mg
Potassium 308 mg
Phosphorus 152 mg
Calcium 38 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 2 fat
Submitted by: Recipe created by patient, Ted, and DaVita renal dietitian Lynn MS, RD, LD from Maryland.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register