White Egg Salad
1- 1/2 cups
- Higher Potassium
- 8 ounces pasteurized liquid egg whites
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup cooked instant rice
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook pasteurized liquid egg whites in microwave or on stovetop. Chop the egg whites after cooking and set aside.
- Chop green onions.
- Combine all ingredients except egg in a bowl and mix.
- Combine cooked egg whites to the mixture. Blend well.
- Other ingredients may replace the chives and tarragon.
- Try chilies, cumin and cilantro for a Mexican taste, curry and chutney for Indian, basil and oregano for Italian.
- Try stuffing egg salad into a pita with a little chopped tomato and lettuce.
- Use reduced-fat, low-sodium mayonnaise for a lower calorie, lower fat dish.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Lynn from Maryland.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 31 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fat 44 g
Cholesterol 33 mg
Sodium 512 mg
Potassium 590 mg
Phosphorus 82 mg
Calcium 72 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register