Apple and Raisin Compote for Pork
1/4 cup cooked
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 5 cups Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add apples and stir to coat apple slices with butter.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over apple slices and toss to coat.
- Add apple juice and raisins. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use compote to top pork roast, pork chops or leftover pork.
- Substitute dried cranberries for raisins and leave peel on apples for a festive holiday appearance.
- Substitute apple juice with apple brandy, if desired.
- Substitute trans fat free margarine for butter if desired.
- To reduce carbohydrate substitute brown sugar blend or substitute for brown sugar.
Submitted by: Recipe by DaVita patient, Bryan, submitted by DaVita dietitian Cindy from Pennsylvania.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 24 mg
Sodium 6 mg
Potassium 150 mg
Phosphorus 18 mg
Calcium 19 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Added Sugar 11 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
- 2 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register