- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Stem and mince parsley. Grate carrot. Mince onion and bell pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken broth.
- Whisk to mix well. Add broth a few tablespoons at a time to moisten sauce to the consistency of applesauce.
- Taste and add 1-2 tablespoons more vinegar if desired (sauce should be highly seasoned).
- Serve sauce with meat or poultry. Refrigerate leftover sauce for up to 3 days.
- For quick preparation method use a food processor: Process 1 small carrot, 1 small onion and 1/2 bell pepper to chopped consistency. Add stemmed parsley and process until vegetables are finely minced. Add olive oil, vinegar and spices and process until mixed thoroughly. Continue with steps 2 and 3 above.
- Serve sauce with Nicaraguan Beef Tenderloins.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Robin from Virginia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 2 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6 mg
Potassium 62 mg
Phosphorus 8 mg
Calcium 11 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fat
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register