- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh green chili
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash cilantro and green chili.
- Roughly chop onion, garlic, cilantro and chili.
- Grind in a blender along with salt, cumin and lemon juice.
- Serve with idli, on a veggie sandwich or with other snacks.
- Instead of 2 cups of cilantro, use 2/3 cup cilantro and 1/3 cup of mint for a sweet flavor.
- One bunch of cilantro is approximately 2 cups.
- Adjust chili for desired heat.
- Decrease serving size to a teaspoon if used with a snack or 1 tablespoon if used as a sandwich spread.
Submitted by: the mother of DaVita dialysis patient Aditya from California and submitted by DaVita dietitian Shawna from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 1 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 37 mg
Potassium 21 mg
Phosphorus 4 mg
Calcium 4 mg
Fiber 0.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register