Easy Strawberry Salsa
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chop the strawberries, cucumber, red onion, and fresh mint. Remove seeds from the jalapeno pepper and finely chop.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill.
- Serve salsa with grilled chicken breast or mild white fish.
- Salsa may be prepared ahead and stored in refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Strawberry salsa is great mixed in a green salad.
- Use cilantro instead of mint if desired.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Erin from Washington.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 99 mg
Potassium 118 mg
Phosphorus 18 mg
Calcium 14 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register