- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 garlic head
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- Peel the garlic cloves.
- Place garlic, salt and 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice in the base of a blender.
- While blending or processing, slowly pour in 1/3 cup of the olive oil in a thin stream. Mixture will become thick and white like a salad dressing.
- Add remaining lemon juice and blend. Slowly add the remaining olive oil and blend until thick.
- Store garlic sauce in a covered glass jar for up to 2 weeks.
- Use garlic sauce in place of mayonnaise or incorporated into dips, salad dressings and marinades. Add a spoonful to casseroles, soups, stews, cooked vegetables and stir-fry dishes.
- You can use an emersion blender or food processor instead of a counter top blender.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Christine from New Jersey.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 1 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 30 mg
Potassium 11 mg
Phosphorus 3 mg
Calcium 4 mg
Fiber 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register