Herb Sauce Mix
1/2 tablespoon of mixture for each serving of chicken, fish or pork.
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- To prepare sauce for one portion of meat, melt 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or olive oil and add 1/2 tablespoon of herb sauce mix.
- Pour over meat and bake in the oven or use as a sauce topping on beef, chicken, fish or pork.
- Hungarian paprika is known for it's sweet taste. Do not substitute smoked paprika.
- For variety, try substituting other spices like chili powder, onion powder or poultry seasoning.
- Save money by making your own herb sauce.
- Make a sodium-free version by omitting the celery salt.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Helen from Colorado.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 1 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 126 mg
Potassium 46 mg
Phosphorus 19 mg
Calcium 16 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register