Kiwi-Berry Fruit Salsa
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 kiwi
- 2 medium apples
- 1 cup whole strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon unpacked brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar strawberry preserves
- Wash the outside of the kiwis and remove the skin. Dice.
- Wash apples, strawberries and raspberries. Core the apples, then dice. Cut the tops off the strawberries; dice the strawberries and raspberries.
- Place all the fruit in a bowl, and add brown sugar and preserves. Stir gently until well mixed.
- Chill salsa in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with low-sodium crackers or tortilla chips. Look for brands with the lowest amounts of sodium
- You may also serve with homemade pita chips. Split the pitas in half and cut each half into quarters. Spray with cooking spray and bake at 350º F for about 8 minutes. If desired, sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar after you spray the pita with cooking spray.
- Drain salsa in a fine sieve to remove extra fluid if you are on a fluid restriction.
Submitted by: Recipe submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Jackie from Virginia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2 mg
Potassium 150 mg
Phosphorus 19 mg
Calcium 16 mg
Fiber 3.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 fruit, medium potassium
- 1/2 high-calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register