- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 3 cups mango
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Finely chop onion. Mince ginger root and garlic.Cut mango into chunks.
- In a medium skillet heat oil and sauté onion until soft. Add ginger and garlic; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mango, sugar, vinegar, raisins, cranberries, pepper flakes and allspice.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking and stirring 10 to 15 minutes until fruit is soft and mixture is thickened.
- Refrigerate to chill. Serve with fish, poultry or meat.
- Use frozen mango when fresh is not in season.
- Adjust chili flakes to your preference.
Submitted by: DaVita® dietitian Sara from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4 mg
Potassium 110 mg
Phosphorus 11 mg
Calcium 12 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register