- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 14.5 ounces canned sliced peaches in juice
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Drain the peaches well and wash strawberries. Dice fruit and set aside.
- Chop the and add to fruit. Add balsamic vinegar and honey and stir gently until well mixed.
- Let salsa sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Alternatively you may add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Substitute fresh peaches when in season.
- Serve with low-sodium crackers or tortilla chips. Look for brands with the lowest amounts of sodium
- You may also serve with homemade pita chips. Split the pitas in half and cut each half into quarters. Spray with cooking spray and bake in a 350º F oven for about 8 minutes. You may also sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar after you spray with cooking spray.
- Drain salsa through a fine sieve to remove fluid if you are on a fluid restriction.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 12 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3 mg
Potassium 114 mg
Phosphorus 16 mg
Calcium 9 mg
Fiber 1.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
Submitted by: Recipe submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Jackie from Virginia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register