Primavera Sauce for Pasta
3/4 cup sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 green onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 4 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- Chop green onions. Mince garlic. Julienne cut zucchini, yellow squash and bell pepper.
- Warm olive oil in a large, uncovered frying pan on medium heat.
- Add green onions and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add remainder of vegetables and stir-fry lightly.
- When vegetables soften, cover pan and lower heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, until sauce has thickened. Season with oregano and serve over pasta.
- Sprinkle one teaspoon of parmesan cheese over each serving of sauce.
- This is nice served over linguine cooked al dente.
- If sauce seems too dry, you can add a little water or white wine.
- 1 medium zucchini and 1 medium yellow summer squash each yield 3/4 cup julienne cut.
- Crushed red or black pepper adds extra zest.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Laura from Georgia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 33 mg
Potassium 235 mg
Phosphorus 46 mg
Calcium 46 mg
Fiber 1.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 vegetables, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register