Shake and Bake Extravaganza Coating Mix
1 cup coating mix to coat 1-2 pounds of chicken or pork chops
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1-1/2 cups dry fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine bread crumbs, flour, parsley, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, marjoram and thyme. Stir to mix evenly.
- Add oil to bread crumb mixture and stir with a fork to blend completely.
- Store in airtight container in cool, dry place or store in freezer.
- To use, place 1 cup coating mixture in a plastic bag. Add several pieces of chicken, pork chops or other meat and shake to coat.
- Bake meat on a greased baking sheet at 375° F for turning once after baking for 20 minutes. Continue cooking until meat is done according to meat thermometer. (Time varies with meat type and thickness).
- This recipe makes enough coating mix for 3 meals. Store the remaining mixture in a sealed container or freezer bag and freeze until ready to use again.
- To make homemade dry breadcrumbs, toast day old bread until crisp but not burned. Crush in a blender or food processor.
- Makes a great coating for chicken, pork or in place of breadcrumbs in any recipe.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Mary from Minnesota.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 12 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 67 mg
Potassium 57 mg
Phosphorus 28 mg
Calcium 192 mg
Fiber 6.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register