Baked Fish à la Mushrooms
- CKD non-dialysis
- Higher Potassium
- 1 pound fresh cod fillets
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place fillets in a two-quart rectangular baking dish. (If using frozen fish instead of fresh, thaw first.)
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Chop onion.
- Melt margarine in a small sauce pan. Add mushrooms and onion and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over fish.
- Crush the dried thyme and sprinkle over fish.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Try tilapia or other white fish for variety.
- Thaw frozen fish in the refrigerator or under cold running water until fish is pliable.
- One tablespoon fresh thyme is equivalent to one teaspoon dried thyme.
Submitted by: Recipe submitted by DaVita dietitian Vicki S. from Virginia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 21 g
Carbohydrates 2 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 49 mg
Sodium 110 mg
Potassium 561 mg
Phosphorus 225 mg
Calcium 30 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register