Baked or Grilled Trout
- Heart Healthy
- 2 pounds rainbow trout fillets
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Wash and dry fillets. Rub lightly with oil.
- On a large sheet pan, place the fillets skin down.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over fillets.
- Bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes or until the trout fillets flake easily with a fork.
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- Spray or brush fillet side of the trout fillets lightly with oil. Combine seasonings in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over fillets.
- Place trout directly on the grill, fillet side down. Cook for 4 minutes. Spray or brush skin lightly with oil. Turn fillets over and cook until fish flakes easily with fork, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- For additional seasoning, try adding cayenne pepper.
- If you are on a low-protein diet, adjust the serving size to your individual meal plan.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Barb in North Carolina.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 23 g
Carbohydrates 0 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 67 mg
Sodium 203 mg
Potassium 436 mg
Phosphorus 257 mg
Calcium 29 mg
Fiber 0.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register