1 fillet, 3 ounces cooked
- CKD non-dialysis
- Heart Healthy
- Higher Potassium
- 14 ounces trout fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb seasoning blend
- 1 lemon
- 2 green onions
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium carrot
- Prepare charcoal coals.
- Slice lemon and green onions. Chop celery and julienne carrots.
- Place fish in the center of a large piece of foil (heavy-duty foil works best for a campfire). Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash seasoning.
- Arrange lemon slices over fillets. Sprinkle with green onions, carrots and celery.
- Seal foil tightly. Place on rack over campfire coals for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (Be careful opening packet as steam will escape.)
- Bake fish in the oven at 400° F for 10 to 15 minutes if charcoal grill is unavailable.
- If you are on a lower protein diet decrease portion to 2 ounces (cooked), 6 portionf for the recipe.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Helen from Colorado.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 21 g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 58 mg
Sodium 58 mg
Potassium 527 mg
Phosphorus 243 mg
Calcium 104 mg
Fiber 2.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register