Creamy Baked Fish
3 ounces fish plus sauce
- 1 pound haddock
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup regular nondairy creamer
- 1 cup fat-free nondairy creamer
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray an 8" x 8" glass baking pan with vegetable oil spray. Sprinkle a light covering of flour (2-3 tablespoons from the 1/2 cup) on the bottom of the pan.
- Rinse haddock and arrange each piece in the pan.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and the rest of the flour. Distribute evenly.
- Cover with regular fat nondairy creamer, fat-free nondairy creamer and water.
- Cut butter into pieces and dot top of mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30 to 45 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Transfer fish to a plate. Spoon cream sauce from baking dish and spoon over the fish before serving.
- Buy haddock steaks or fillets. Thaw if frozen. Cooking time may vary with thickness of fillets or steaks. Test after 30 minutes.
- If sauce is not thickened when fish is done, remove fish from pan, stir sauce and return to oven for 5-10 minutes.
- If you are on a higher or lower protein diet, adjust fish portion to match your meal plan.
- Omit salt if desired. Sodium is reduced to 122 mg per serving.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Barbara from Arizona.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 23 g
Carbohydrates 46 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 79 mg
Sodium 253 mg
Potassium 400 mg
Phosphorus 266 mg
Calcium 46 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 starch
- 1 nondairy
- 1 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register