French Dressing Baked Fish Fillets
3 ounces cooked fillet
- Heart Healthy
- 1 pound white fish fillets
- 1/2 cup prepared French salad dressing
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a shallow baking dish that’s been coated with no-stick cooking spray, arrange fish fillets.
- Season fish fillets with black pepper.
- Cover fillets thoroughly with French salad dressing.
- Top fillets with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden and flake easily.
- White fish fillets include tilapia, perch, halibut, flounder and cod.
- Choose French salad dressing brand with the lowest sodium content.
- Plain bread crumbs can be substituted for panko if desired.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, adjust the portion size to match your meal plan or ask your dietitian for guidance.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Jackie L. from North Carolina.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 22 g
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 353 mg
Potassium 344 mg
Phosphorus 253 mg
Calcium 148 mg
Fiber 0.7 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register