Golden Baked Halibut
4 ounces (1 fillet)
- Higher Potassium
- 1-1/2 pounds halibut fillets
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup green onion
- dash of paprika
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish or plate. Dredge fish fillets in bread crumbs to coat. Place in a greased shallow baking dish.
- Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add yogurt and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg white until stiff, then gently fold into mayonnaise mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped green onion over fillets. Spoon mayonnaise mixture over top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- This recipe works well with snapper or cod.
- Adjust portion to match your meal plan and protein goals.
- Sour cream may be substituted for yogurt. Potassium and phosphorus are slightly lower but fat is higher.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Elizabeth from Pennsylvania.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 24 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 352 mg
Potassium 592 mg
Phosphorus 321 mg
Calcium 69 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1/2 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register