1 cod fillet with vegetables and sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
- Heart Healthy
- Higher Potassium
- 1 pound cod filets (4 filets)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 small sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Pat cod filets dry and season both sides with Italian seasoning, set aside.
- Slice onion into thin strips. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Slice bell pepper into strips. Mince garlic and chop the parsley and basil.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion for 3 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and stir to combine for another minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, bell pepper, parsley, basil and wine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place fillets in sauce, cover, and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, or until fish turns white and easily flakes.
- Substitute salt-free chicken or vegetable broth for wine if preferred.
- Serve cod with basmati rice or a slice of crusty bread.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 21 g
Carbohydrates 8 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 52 mg
Sodium 130 mg
Potassium 570 mg
Phosphorus 232 mg
Calcium 50 mg
Fiber 1 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1-1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Elyse from Virginia
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register