- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 cups onion
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups converted white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces canned low-sodium tomato sauce
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 pounds raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Chop onion, bell pepper and garlic. Peel shrimp.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except margarine.
- Pour into a 9” x 13” baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Slice margarine and place over top of ingredients.
- Cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve hot.
- Uncle Ben's® converted white rice is a popular brand. Converted rice, also know as parboiled rice, is steamed before it is husked. As a result the kernals absorb nutrients from the husk and the rice cooks more quickly.
- 1 stick of butter or margarine is equal to 1/2 cup.
- For variation, try substituting cooked cubed chicken for shrimp.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 20 g
Carbohydrates 31 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 137 mg
Sodium 186 mg
Potassium 300 mg
Phosphorus 197 mg
Calcium 65 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Brittney from Louisiana.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register