- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 12 ounce package rice sticks
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 cup onion
- 1 spring onion
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups firm tofu
- 1-1/2 cups shrimp
- 3 cups water
- 2 packs of palabok shrimp gravy mix
- 1/2 cup chicharon
- 5 boiled eggs
- 1 lemon
- Boil rice sticks until soft, set aside.
- Mince garlic and chop onions. Cut tofu into cubes.
- Boil and peel shrimp.
- In a wok, sauté garlic and onion with oil; add ground chicken, tofu and shrimp.
- Dissolve palabok mix in water and bring to a boil; stir until thick.
- Mix together rice sticks, meat and tofu mixture and palabok mix in a large bowl with 1/2-cup crushed chicharon (pork rind).
- Thinly slice eggs and lemons.
- To serve place palabok in serving dish and garnish with the egg and lemon slices on top
- Ingredient definitions:
- Rice sticks are noodles made from rice flour. Look for this product in an Asian market or substitute vermicelli.
- Palabok mix is a dried shrimp gravy mix. Limit the amount of palabok mix to reduce the sodium content.
- Chicharones are fried pork rinds.
- All of the above items are high in sodium. Look for the lowest sodium brands. Due to the high sodium content of this recipe, limit portion to 1 cup and limit sodium intake from foods at other meals.
- Use fewer eggs to reduce cholesterol and fat content.
Submitted by: Recipe created by DaVita patient, Bonifacia, and submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Jennifer H. from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrates 39 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 135 mg
Sodium 536 mg
Potassium 243 mg
Phosphorus 180 mg
Calcium 80 mg
Fiber 0.7 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 2-1/2 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register