1 salmon fillet + 1 cup green beans
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 6 ounces salmon (2 fillets)
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 lemon slices
- Rinse and pat salmon fillets dry, leaving skin on. Wash and trim the green beans.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. For easy clean up line a sheet pan with parchment paper or coat sheet with cooking spray. Place the fillets, skin-side down on the sheet pan.
- Chop the dill and stir into the mayonnaise.
- Spread the mayo-dill mixture evenly on top of both filets.
- Toss the green beans with olive oil and then arrange around the salmon fillets.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack and roast salmon for 14 to 16 minutes. Fish will be done when the flesh begins to flake easily with a fork.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh dill.
- For additional seasoning add black pepper to the salmon and green beans.
- If fresh green beans are out of season substitute frozen green beans.
- Adjust the fish portion according to your dietary protein goal.
- Instead of using prepared mayonnaise you can easily make your own. In a blender (an emersion blender works well starting at the bottom and working upwards until thick and fluffy) combine 1 cold egg, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Blend for 30 seconds or until the mixture begins to emulsify and look like mayo. After reaching the desired consistency, stir in the dill.
Nutrients per serving
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fat 28 g
Cholesterol 62 mg
Sodium 187 mg
Potassium 452 mg
Phosphorus 240 mg
Calcium 36 mg
Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita social worket Erin and DaVita renal dietitian Heidi from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register