Shrimp and Asparagus Linguini
- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 ounces linguini, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups asparagus
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound peeled, cooked shrimp
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook linguini as directed, in boiling water until tender but omit the salt. Drain.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Dribble 2 tablespoons of olive oil over asparagus and bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until tender.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a plate. Once cool, cut asparagus into medium-sized pieces.
- Mince garlic and chop parsley.
- In a large skillet melt 1/2-cup butter with minced garlic.
- Stir in cream cheese and mix as it melts.
- Stir in parsley and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Mix in boiling water or dry white wine and stir until sauce is smooth.
- Add cooked shrimp and asparagus. Stir and heat until evenly warm.
- Toss cooked pasta with sauce and serve.
- Pasta can be prepared with low-fat or fat-free cream cheese and butter can be reduced to 1/4 cup to reduce fat and calories.
- Most grocery stores have cooked and peeled frozen shrimp that work great in this pasta.
- Dry white wine in place of water adds extra flavor, but you can use water instead.
- 1/2-pound asparagus yields approximately 1-3/4 cups.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Rachel from Illinois.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 21 g
Carbohydrates 43 g
Fat 32 g
Cholesterol 188 mg
Sodium 170 mg
Potassium 402 mg
Phosphorus 225 mg
Calcium 81 mg
Fiber 2.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 2-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 4 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register