4 pieces or 1 tortilla
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 5 ounces raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 flour tortillas, burrito size
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons shredded jalapeno cheddar cheese
- Shell and devein shrimp. Rinse and cut into bite-size pieces. Chop cilantro.
- Combine cilantro, lemon juice, cumin and cayenne pepper in a zip-lock bag to make marinade. Add shrimp pieces and set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add shrimp with marinade. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes until shrimp turns orange. Remove skillet from heat and spoon shrimp out, leaving marinade.
- Add sour cream to marinade in skillet and stir to mix.
- Heat tortillas in a large skillet or microwave. Spread 2 teaspoons salsa onto each tortilla. Top with 1/2 shrimp mixture and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon sour cream marinade mixture on top of shrimp. Fold tortilla in half, turn over in skillet to heat, then remove from pan. Repeat with second tortilla and remaining shrimp, cheese and marinade.
- Cut each tortilla into 4 pieces. Garnish with cilantro and lemon wedge when ready to serve.
- Make with crab meat or chicken instead of shrimp for variety.
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for DaVita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara, RD, CSR, CDE, from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 20 g
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 118 mg
Sodium 398 mg
Potassium 276 mg
Phosphorus 243 mg
Calcium 139 mg
Fiber 1.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register