Super Tuesday Shrimp
- Heart Healthy
- 4 ounces pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, uncooked
- 8 ounces frozen pea pods,
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, omitting salt. Drain and set aside.
- Mince onion and garlic. Shell and devein shrimp.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil until lightly brown.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, shrimp and pea pods.
- Cook until shrimp change color (but pea pods remain crunchy).
- Mix shrimp and pasta.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top and serve.
- Four ounces of dry pasta yields 2 cups cooked.
- Frozen shrimp can be substituted for fresh shrimp.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Carol from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 26 g
Carbohydrates 27 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 142 mg
Sodium 307 mg
Potassium 441 mg
Phosphorus 309 mg
Calcium 160 mg
Fiber 3.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register