Chik'n Noodle Soup
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1-1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetarian Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Chik’n Strips
- 1/4 cup carrot
- 2 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- Pour the vegetable broth and water into a slow cooker set on high-heat setting.
- Season broth with poultry seasoning, pepper and salt.
- Dice the chik’n strips. Dice the carrot small.
- Add the chik’n, carrots and egg noodles to the soup.
- Cook soup on high-heat setting for 20 to 25 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
- Chik’n and chick’n are terms used in vegetarian chicken substitute products. The primary ingredient is soy protein. Look in the freezer section of your grocery store.
- Choose low-sodium broth that does not have salt or potassium chloride in the ingredient list.
- Do not overcook or noodles will become soggy.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Joe from Maryland.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 8 g
Carbohydrates 11 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 355 mg
Potassium 264 mg
Phosphorus 128 mg
Calcium 46 mg
Fiber 4.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register