3/4 cup stew, 1 tortilla
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound lean pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces canned green chili peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- 14 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 flour tortillas, burrito size
- 3/4 cup iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- In a large zip-top plastic bag combine flour, garlic powder and black pepper; mix well.
- Cut pork into bite size cubes. Place pork in the bag and shake to coat well with flour mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and brown pork pieces.
- Drain chili peppers and dice. Mince garlic clove.
- Place browned pork, chili peppers, garlic and chicken broth into a slow cooker. Cook for 10 hours on low heat.
- Place 3/4 cup of stew on a tortilla and roll burrito style.
- Shred lettuce and chop cilantro.Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream, lettuce and cilantro.
- For a spicier dish add 1 tablespoon hot red chili powder or chili flakes into the slow cooker.
- As an alternative to burrito style, serve stew in a bowl with tortilla, bread or low-salt crackers on the side.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 25 g
Carbohydrates 44 g
Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 45 mg
Sodium 552 mg
Potassium 454 mg
Phosphorus 323 mg
Calcium 90 mg
Fiber 3.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2-1/2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Kara from Arizona.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register