1 soup jar
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 3 large reduced-sodium black olives
- 1/3 cup no salt added, canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh bell pepper and onion strips
- 1/2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup coleslaw mix
- Slice the black olives. Rinse the chickpeas.
- Layer all ingredients in the order listed in a 16-ounce glass jar.
- Refrigerate until ready to prepare and serve.
- Remove jar from refrigerator 15 minutes before ready to eat.
- Pour 5 ounces boiling water into the jar, close the lid and shake to combine. Let ingredients set in unopened jar for 2 minutes.
- Pour contents of jar into a deep, wide bowl. Enjoy!
- If you use a wide-mouth jar you can eat the soup directly from the jar—no bowl needed.
- Serve with low-salt crackers or your favorite roll or bread.
- Reduced-sodium olives are available online if you do not find them in the grocery store.
- Whole milk ricotta cheese adds creaminess to the soup and is lower in sodium than low fat or skim ricotta cheese.
- For an extra flavor boost, add a dollop of pesto. See the DaVita Basil Pesto recipe.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 7 g
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 184 mg
Potassium 396 mg
Phosphorus 118 mg
Calcium 91 mg
Fiber 6.0 g
Added Sugar 0
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 2 vegetable, low and medium potassium
- 1-1/2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Brittany from Virginia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register