Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 prepared rotisserie chicken
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup carrots
- 6 ounces wide noodles, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Remove chicken from bones and chop into bite-sized pieces. Measure 4 cups for the soup.
- Pour chicken broth in a large stock pot; bring to a boil.
- Chop onion; slice celery and carrots.
- Add chicken, vegetables and noodles to stock pot.
- Bring to a boil and cook approximately 15 minutes until noodles are done.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Make a batch and eat soup all week, or cut recipe in half to make a smaller batch.
- Low-sodium broth contains 140 mg sodium or less per cup. Look for Campbell’s® low-sodium broth, Health Valley® low-sodium broth or Nature’s Choice® low-sodium broth. Avoid low-sodium broth with potassium chloride — it is very high in potassium.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Elizabeth from Pennsylvania.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 21 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 63 mg
Sodium 361 mg
Potassium 294 mg
Phosphorus 161 mg
Calcium 22 mg
Fiber 1.4 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register