Seafood Corn Chowder
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion
- 1/3 cup celery
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose white flour
- 14 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups liquid nondairy creamer
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 10 ounces surimi imitation crab chunks
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Chop onion, celery and peppers.
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, green and red peppers for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add flour and cook and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add chicken broth, stirring to blend. Bring to a boil.
- Add nondairy creamer, evaporated milk, surimi, corn, black pepper and paprika.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until chowder is hot. Serve immediately.
- Freeze extra chowder for a quick meal later.
Submitted by: DaVita patient Peggy from Missouri.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 8 g
Carbohydrates 22 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 160 mg
Potassium 285 mg
Phosphorus 181 mg
Calcium 68 mg
Fiber 1.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 1/2 milk
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register