- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup celery
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium Roma tomato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remove tips and strings from the green beans and cut into 2-inch pieces. Dice the celery, onion, carrots, mushrooms and tomato.
- In a large pot heat the olive oil and sauté the celery and onion until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
- If desired add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of couscous or other small pasta to soup during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt is included in the nutrient analysis, but is optional.
- Adjust the oregano and garlic powder to taste.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 262 mg
Potassium 400 mg
Phosphorus 108 mg
Calcium 48 mg
Fiber 3.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Submitted by: Recipe submitted by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register