- CKD non-dialysis
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 15.5 ounces low-sodium canned dark red kidney beans
- 15.25 ounces low-sodium canned white corn
- 15.5 ounces canned yellow hominy
- 1 cup canned low-sodium diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon package McCormick 30% Less
Sodium Taco Seasoning®
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Drain and rinse kidney beans, corn and hominy.
- Chop onion and green peppers; dice garlic and seed jalapeño pepper.
- Place chicken in the bottom of a large crock-pot and top with all remaining ingredients.
- Cover crock-pot and cook on high for 1 hour. Turn heat to low and cook for an additional 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork and mix to combine ingredients.
- Portion into 1 cup servings and enjoy.
- Sodium content varies between brands. Compare several cans and select the products with the lowest amount of sodium per serving.
- This is a thick soup, so you may need to add some low sodium chicken broth when reheating leftovers. Serve over steamed rice if desired.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 21 g
Carbohydrates 19 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 42 mg
Sodium 421 mg
Potassium 444 mg
Phosphorus 210 mg
Calcium 28 mg
Fiber 4.3 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2-1/2 meat
- 1 starch
- 1-1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: Recipe submitted by renal by DaVita renal dietitian Grace from Oklahoma.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register