- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup onion
- 32 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Steam frozen or fresh cauliflower. Squeeze out excess liquid.
- Place eggs and onion in food processor and pulse until combined. Add cauliflower, flour and pepper and process until finely chopped (do not over-process).
- Wipe a frying pan with a paper towel dipped in oil and also spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat on low until pan is hot. Drop batter by tablespoon into the pan.
- Brown latkes on both sides, turning once.
- Substitute 1 head fresh cauliflower for frozen if desired.
- Serve latkes with a spoonful of applesauce and a dollop of sour cream.
- Potassium is reduced by over 100 mg per serving by substituting cauliflower for potatoes.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 8 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 53 mg
Sodium 57 mg
Potassium 245 mg
Phosphorus 64 mg
Calcium 34 mg
Fiber 4.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1/2 meat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Elaine from Nevada.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register