- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan with steamer rack, steam cauliflower over boiling water 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender (cover with lid while steaming).
- In a small saucepan, cook minced garlic in olive oil for 30 seconds then remove pan from heat.
- Stir in honey, apple cider vinegar and chopped parsley. Return saucepan to heat until sauce is heated.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a serving dish.
- Pour sauce over hot cauliflower and toss to coat.
- This is a quick and easy way to add a nutritious vegetable to your meal.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 16 mg
Potassium 165 mg
Phosphorus 24 mg
Calcium 14 mg
Fiber 1.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 1/2 fat
Submitted by: Recipe modified from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Fruit and Vegetable Guide and submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Diana from New Mexico.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register