French Fries Made with Zucchini
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup 1% low fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup dry unseasoned bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons dry Hidden Valley Original Ranch® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco® hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Peel and slice zucchini into 3/4” sticks, 4” long. Rinse zucchini and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, mix milk and eggs until well blended; stir in hot sauce.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, combine cornstarch, bread crumbs, and dry Ranch salad dressing mix.
- Heat oil in frying pan on high heat.
- Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture and then roll each piece in bread crumb mixture.
- Place in oil, flipping regularly and fry 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
- Substitute 1/2-cup low-cholesterol egg product to lower fat and cholesterol content.
- These fries are much lower in potassium compared to potato french fries.
Submitted by: Recipe modified from French Fries Made with Eggplant recipe and submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Stephanie from Pennsylvania.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 22 g
Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 64 mg
Sodium 216 mg
Potassium 263 mg
Phosphorus 105 mg
Calcium 80 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2-1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register