Approximately 4 pieces (2 zucchini and 2 yellow squash)
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 medium zucchini
- 4 medium crookneck squash
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash squash with mild soap and water; rinse well.
- Cut each squash into four pieces; cut both vertically and horizontally.
- Place on a cookie sheet or large platter and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper, to taste (both optional).
- Cook on either a George Foreman™ grill or a gas grill. If using the Foreman™ grill, cook for approximately three to five minutes, flipping once. The squash should be tender but not mushy. If cooking on a gas grill, place flat surface down on a sheet of aluminum foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook approximately 5 to 7 minutes over a medium flame, watching carefully. Flip and cook approximately 2 more minutes on the “round” side.
- *Note: This is a “cook once, eat twice” recipe. It makes 4 servings for the first dish, and then 4 servings for the second. Alternatively, the full recipe serves 8. See recipe for Italian Chicken Salad to use this for a cook once, eat twice recipe.
- Serve 2 pieces of zucchini and 2 pieces of yellow squash with the Chicken in Rosemary-Garlic Sauce. Use remaining squash for the Italian Chicken Salad; cut squash pieces into 1/4" thick half-moons.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6 mg
Potassium 262 mg
Phosphorus 39 mg
Calcium 16 mg
Fiber 1.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Anne from Pennsylvania.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register