- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 pound summer squash
- 1 pound zucchini squash
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 8 ounces unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- Cut squash and zucchini into 1 inch cubes, dice the green bell pepper. Place squash in a 3-1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the pineapple, green bell pepper, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter.
- Spoon mixture over squash and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6-7 hours or until squash is tender. Stir gently to mix.
- Serve immediately.
- Diabetics may use Splenda® brown sugar substitute in equal amounts.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Christie from Texas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 24 g
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 7 mg
Potassium 381 mg
Phosphorus 55 mg
Calcium 53 mg
Fiber 2.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 vegetable, high potassium
- 1/2 fat
- 1 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register