- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 20 medium Brussels sprouts
- 3 large carrots
- 2 medium apples
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Trim the Brussels sprouts and cut each one in half. Peel the carrots and cut into 1-inch pieces. Core the apple and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place Brussels sprouts, carrots and apple pieces in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, maple syrup and spices. Stir to combine.
- Pour sauce into the large bowl and stir to coat vegetables and apples. Place ingredients on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with the 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until carrots are fork tender and Brussels sprouts begin to darken.
- Replace carrots with 2 medium turnips if desired.
- Add leftovers to mixed salad greens for a hearty roasted veggie salad the next day.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 17 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 105 mg
Potassium 332 mg
Phosphorus 48 mg
Calcium 40 mg
Fiber 3.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Sara from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register