Sautéed Cabbage with Mustard Sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3 cups cabbage
- nonstick cooking spray
- Make mustard sauce by combining vinegar, mustard, olive oil, apple cider and caraway seeds.
- Chop cabbage into bite-size chunks.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add cabbage and sauté 8 to 10 minutes, stirring several times.
- Pour mustard sauce over cabbage and stir. Reduce to low heat, cover pan and simmer for 5 minutes to combine flavors.
- Serve as a side vegetable dish or use as a topping on a hot beef or pork sandwich.
- Do not substitute Chinese (napa) cabbage—potassium content is much higher.
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for DaVita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara, RD, CSR, CDE, from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 58 mg
Potassium 154 mg
Phosphorus 17 mg
Calcium 27 mg
Fiber 1.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register