Sheet Pan Brussels Sprouts and Pears
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2-1/2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 2 medium fresh pears
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar glaze
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Remove the outside leaves of the Brussels sprouts. Cut in half. Cut the pears into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place 1 teaspoon olive oil in a mixing bowl. Add Brussels sprouts and toss to coat with the oil.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts to a 9” x 13” pan and spread into a single layer on half of the pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Place the remaining teaspoon olive oil in the mixing bowl. Add pears and toss to coat with oil.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from the oven and add the pears to the other half of the pan. Roast for an additional 12 minutes, or until pears are tender.
- Drizzle pears with 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar glaze. Mix sprouts and pears together in a serving bowl.
- Balsamic vinegar glaze, also called balsamic vinegar reduction, may be purchased or made at home. For homemade, using a small saucepan bring 1 cup of vinegar to a boil then reduce to medium heat. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until vinegar is reduced by half or until it reaches your desired consistency. Store extra in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Beth from Ohio.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 19 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 15 mg
Potassium 320 mg
Phosphorus 49 mg
Calcium 32 mg
Fiber 4.9 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 vegetables, medium potassium
- 1 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register