Spaghetti Squash Stir-fry
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1-1/2 cups celery
- 1 cup onion
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, approximately 3 pounds
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 14 ounce bag classic slaw mixture with carrots
- Slice celery diagonally and dice onion. Set aside.
- Wash spaghetti squash and pierce with a fork several times around the squash. Microwave on high for 2 minutes to soften. Cut the stem end off, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds with membrane.
- Place squash halves cut side down in a microwave safe dish. Put plastic wrap over the top with one corner vented. Microwave on high for 12 minutes. Cool and scoop out with a fork. Set aside.
- Whisk together soy sauce, water, garlic, brown sugar, ginger paste, pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion, and cook until tender, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add cabbage mix and stir until heated through, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in spaghetti squash and soy sauce mixture until well combined, approximately 2 minute.
- Serve immediately!
- If desired use 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger instead of ginger paste.
- Adjust portion to 1/2 cup for a lower potassium meal.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Susan from Illinois.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 16 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 194 mg
Potassium 334 mg
Phosphorus 48 mg
Calcium 61 mg
Fiber 3.7 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register