Spicy Bell Pepper Medley
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup red onion
- 1 cup orange bell pepper
- 1 cup green bell pepper
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Thinly slice red onion. Dice bell peppers.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan, add the red onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season onion with black pepper and curry powder and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the bell peppers and cook for 15 minutes, stirring several times.
- Season with salt and turn off heat. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with flour tortillas or over rice.
- Bolst’s® curry powder is Sindu’s favorite brand for this recipe. Click here to learn more about curry powder and different brands.
- One medium bell pepper yields approximately 1 cup. One medium red onion yields approximately 1 cup.
- Do you need more protein in your diet? Before serving, mix-in 3 scoops of protein powder or add your favorite protein food to make this a protein-fortified dish.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Sindu from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 92 mg
Potassium 141 mg
Phosphorus 20 mg
Calcium 15 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register