Vegetable Casserole Delite
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup low-sodium canned green beans
- 8 ounces All Whites® liquid egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
Microwave oven preparation:
- Grease the bottom of a microwave dish with olive oil.
- Arrange thin slices of squash and green beans around edge of dish.
- Pour in egg substitute.
- Sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
- Cook covered on high for 4 to 4-1/2 minutes, turning at least once.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Lightly sauté squash.
- Add green beans to pan.
- Add egg substitute and sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat until center is firm.
- Divide in half and serve hot.
- Substitute squash and green beans with 1/2 cup asparagus, peas, corn, green or red peppers or onions. Turmeric may also be used in place of paprika.
- Season with hot sauce if desired.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Lynn from Maryland.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 14 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 207 mg
Potassium 344 mg
Phosphorus 42 mg
Calcium 29 mg
Fiber 1.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register