- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 cups asparagus
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup green bell pepper
- 1-1/4 cup zucchini
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 cups white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- Chop bell pepper, zucchini and onion.
- Prepare white rice according to instructions to make 4 cups.
- Fill a 2-quart saucepan with enough water to cover asparagus and broccoli. Boil water and cook asparagus and broccoli for about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Heat oil in 10” skillet over medium-heat. Cook asparagus, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini and onion in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until onion is crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot.
- If you are on a low potassium diet reduce portion to 3/4 cup .
- Portion leftovers into individual servings, place in freezer zip-top bags and freeze. Reheat in the microwave for a quick side dish later.
- Substitute 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric for saffron if desired.
Submitted by: Recipe created by DaVita dietitian Caroline from Virginia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 150 mg
Potassium 305 mg
Phosphorus 89 mg
Calcium 38 mg
Fiber 1.8 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 2 vegetables, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register