1/2 cup per serving
- CKD non-dialysis
- 4 cups zucchini
- 1/2 medium onion
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounce jar pimento
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut zucchini into chunks. Thinly slice onion.
- Place zucchini and onion in 10” x 6” x 2” dish. Cover with plastic wrap, turning one edge back slightly to vent. Microwave on high for 7 minutes. Drain liquid.
- In large bowl, mix together beaten eggs, cheese, drained pimento, salt and pepper. Add zucchini and onions, stirring well.
- Grease dish in which vegetables were microwaved.
- Pour mixture into dish and cover with paper towel. Microwave on medium-high for 4 minutes. Remove paper towel and stir.
- Continue to microwave uncovered for 4 to 6 minutes until center is set.
- Prepare this dish in the oven instead of microwave if desired. Bake at 350º F for 30 minutes or until set.
- The amount of cheese per portion is 1 tablespoon.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Joyce from Texas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
Sodium 141 mg
Potassium 222 mg
Phosphorus 106 mg
Calcium 75 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register