- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup liquid nondairy creamer
- 2 tablespoons onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 slices white bread
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Chop onion. Grate or chop zucchini. Cut cream cheese and bread into cubes.
- Combine eggs, nondairy creamer, onion, salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash® seasoning. Mix well.
- Add zucchini, cream cheese and bread cubes. Stir and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spray a small casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour mixture into dish and bake 45 minutes until casserole is lightly browned and puffy.
- Suggested casserole dish size is 6" x 7-1/2" or 7" round.
- For variation, prepare with any summer squash.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Arlene from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 7 g
Carbohydrates 16 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 129 mg
Sodium 318 mg
Potassium 232 mg
Phosphorus 123 mg
Calcium 69 mg
Fiber 1.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 1 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register